Monday, June 25, 2012

one nation, under Her


I've been known to write more than one story at a time--I think most writers have hit that wall at least once or twice in their writing-world. When I started this blog a few weeks ago, my main project was a fantasy story about four kings and their families. I'd been outlining since school ended and, yep, it was going really well.  

My other project was An American in Monet, which I had this beautiful cover made for by someone I met on Wattpad. It's about 12k words in, and I love the story so much.

So, what's happened, you ask? My inspiration for both of them has died. Dead. Done. Crashed and burned. It's been a really terrible thing, having to come to grips with both of them leaving me at the same time. Now, what am I going to do?

Like I don't already have a plan. You see, for the last few months I've been trying to get on paper a story that I've had in my head for a while. It's not happened. I couldn't do it. Then, right after my inspiration for the other two stories died, something happened and bam: I had written a chapter and a few scenes. I was surprised with how it turned out, too.

It's a Dystopian novel, set only a few years into the future, told in the point of view of the leader of the Nation (or, depending on who is speaking 'Mystic Nation') 's mother. What's different about this from other Dystopian novels is the fact that it's told from the POV of a government official and not someone who is being ruled over. I thought that'd be a nice spin on thinks, huh?

There are a lot of things that go into this, but I am not going to talk about all of them now--I want to keep some of it a secret. But, I'll tell you this: this story will not be given up on. Period. I will be finishing this one before the end of the year. It's my baby. I've been mentally developing the story since December and now it's just going on paper.

And I'm out of this world excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment